https://madisoncountypest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/elder-bug-pest-control.jpg 800 1200 firstname.lastname@example.org https://madisoncountypest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/mcp_logo.png email@example.com 13:51:152017-10-12 13:30:06Box Elder Bugs Pest Control
- Scientific name is: Boisea trivittata.
- Are not known to cause significant damage so they are not agricultural pests.
- Named because of their tendency to gather around boxelder trees.
- Grow to a half inch in size.
- Have an oval shaped body.
- Are dark brown or black in color with red wing veins and markings on the abdomen.
Mannerisms of Box Elder Bugs
- Feed on seeds of Acer species of trees almost exclusively.
- Release a pungent odor when disturbed.
- Allows them to conspicuously gather without being preyed on.
- Emit a foul odor when smashed.
- Gather and hibernate during winter months in wall voids, basements, and window frames until heating systems revive them.
- Their feces can stain fabrics.
- A water hose can easily disperse their gatherings.
- Another common pest control method for these insects are insecticidal soaps and pesticides.
- Sealing cracks in walls and foundations can do a great deal of good as well
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!