https://madisoncountypest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/house-spider-pest-control.jpg 860 1200 firstname.lastname@example.org https://madisoncountypest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/mcp_logo.png email@example.com 13:51:152017-10-12 13:27:03Common House Spiders Pest Control
- Scientific name is: Parasteatoda tepidariorum
- Named because they are frequently found in the home, garage, and other indoor locations.
- ¼ of an inch in size
- Tannish brown color
- Females grow to be larger than the males of the species
Mannerisms of Common House Spiders
- Use a tangled cob web to catch prey
- They form this web in corners found throughout a home.
- Eat various pests like mosquitoes, house flies, gnats, wasps, and ants.
- Wrap up said prey in webbing feast on later.
- Females lay an egg sac containing 100 to 400 eggs.
- Can lay up to seventeen egg sacs.
- Tend to stay out of the way of humans
- Can bite people
- Bites can cause irritation, but are not dangerous to humans.
- Periodically checking inconspicuous corners and removing the spiders with a broom or paper towel.
- Placing peppermints in locations previously populated by spiders.
- Utilizing spider pest control products on spiders can kill them and prevent their return to certain areas.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!