- Scientific name is: Blatta orientalis
- Sometimes referred to as waterbugs because of their love of dark, moist locations
- Have wings, but are flightless
- ¾ of an inch to 1 inch in size
- Dark brown or black color with a glossy body
Mannerisms of Oriental Cockroaches
- Mainly nocturnal
- Prefer warm places with high humidity
- Lay eggs in oothecae or egg sacs that contain 16 to 18 eggs
- Pest control insecticides sprayed in roach nesting places and cracks in walls.
- Moving woodpiles and other kinds of debris away from the home lowers the likelihood of roaches invading.