https://madisoncountypest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/pennsylvania-cockroach-pest-control.jpg 1125 1688 firstname.lastname@example.org https://madisoncountypest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/mcp_logo.png email@example.com 13:51:152017-10-12 13:37:07Pennsylvania Wood Cockroaches Pest Control
- Scientific name is: Parcoblotta pensylvanica
- Common to Eastern and central North America
- 1 inch in size
- Dark brown in color
- Males have wings while females do not
- Males can fly swiftly, but cannot stay airborne for long periods of time.
Mannerisms of Pennsylvania Wood Cockroaches
- Live in wooded open areas beneath fallen trees, woodpiles.
- Are nocturnal
- Sometimes smuggle themselves into homes by riding on firewood.
- Do not congregate unlike other species of roach.
- Primarily eat decaying organic matter.
- Mate during May and June
- Rely on ootheca or egg sacs to store laid eggs
- Rarely lay eggs in indoor environments
- Pest control insecticides sprayed in roach nesting places and cracks in walls.
- Moving woodpiles and other kinds of debris away from the home lowers the likelihood of roaches invading.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!